Monday, August 8, 2011

Farewell Five!

It's my last night parenting a five year old.  It's a little sad!  I know this time will definitely be the last time, no surprises in five years like last time.  I have to admit, I love five!  It's a fun, fun age!  And Clara is a fun, fun kid!  She makes me smile, shake my head, and laugh out loud every day.  She has to be one of the funniest girls in the world.  And one of the sweetest and snuggliest girls too. 

Turning six means there's no more time to decide if she'll go to school this year or not.  It's official, she starts kindergarten in 11 days.  I'm so glad we are one of the few schools who doesn't have all day kindergarten this year.  I was NOT geared up for that just yet.  We were setting family goals a couple weeks ago.  A couple of Clara's goals for the year are to learn how to read and to ride a bike without training wheels.  Today she was sitting with me reading her Bob books to me while wiggling her front two top teeth.  So, she's going to do it!  She's just going to keep growing up!  Dang it!  I have talked and bargained with her for weeks trying to get her to stay five.  I was even game to go backwards and let her be four.  But not really ready to give up my baby to six just yet.  (I won't even talk about the hairy-legged man child in the other room.....my other baby....that is for another day.)  A few months ago she would tell me "I'm trying to stay little for you Mommy."  But as her birthday draws near, she is all about being six!  She was one squirrely girl before bedtime.  Spinning, twirling, giggling....okay, she ended up with her underwear on her head.  Really! 

I can't think about Clara's birthday without thanking God for our sweet little blessing.  He took us all the way around the world to bring us together.  And we are thankful everyday.  And I am so thankful to a woman in China, who I do not know, who shared a huge piece of her heart with me.  I pray right now for her, that she will know deep in her heart how much her baby girl is loved.  And even more than that, I pray that she will know the Lord and He will be her savior.  And in Him, she will find a peace that passes all understanding. 

Farewell Sweet Five!  It's been an amazing, fun, blessed year!  I can't wait to see what God has in store this next year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment