Monday, December 19, 2011

Dance Fever

There's been a lot of dancing going on around here.  Okay...Clara dances a lot.  Harrison went to a dance, but I don't think any actual dancing took place.  But that's okay, Clara has done enough dancing for all of us.  In fact, while we were out carolling last night she danced herself right into a mailbox.  And last week she had her winter recital and they did a little jazz dance that was so cute.  They were all darling in their Rudolph antlers.  This is such a fun age! 

Then Saturday night, Harrison went to his first high school winter formal...with a girl.  As you'll see, it involved flowers, suits, and girls in beautiful dresses and fabulous shoes (for the girls...the boys shoes are boring).  It was a little surreal watching these kids, some I've known since early elementary school, looking so grownup.  It was a really fun group and they had a lot of fun.  They tolerated about a million pictures being taken.  Then they all went to Spaghetti Warehouse for dinner, then on to the dance.  As I headed back to Edmond, I only made it about 15 minutes away before I got a text saying they were done with the dance and ready to leave.  So, back I went and they all headed back to the after party at a friend's house to watch a movie and play ping pong.  I'll admit, it's weird having your baby all dressed up in a suit, being almost 6 feet tall, going to a high school dance.  But...it's also really fun enjoying the young man he is becoming. 

                                             Run! Run! Rudolph!
                                                                   Ta Da!
                                                     Our little dancer!!
                              Clara had to get in on the act and appeared in this dress!
                                         Deep thoughts by Harrison and Mason!
                                        Harrison and Jaclyn, Winter Formal 2011
                                     The boys....or should I say men???
                                                  Very cool!
                               Ben is the sock guy....this time he had Christmas socks. 
                                            The whole group...great bunch of teenagers.
                                           My boy cleans up pretty good!
                                          Harrison and Rhett all dressed up for formal.

No comments:

Post a Comment