When Harrison was little he would tell us "I love you more than all the numbers!" Now anytime we tell Harrison and Clara "I love you" we always add "more than all the numbers"....and we do!
Saturday, January 26, 2013
Most special night
Christmas Eve 2012 was a most special night for our family. Our sweet Clara Ruth was baptized during the Christmas Eve service at our church. As precious as the night she prayed and asked Jesus into her heart was, this night was particularly emotional for this mama. As I prayed for Clara in the days before her baptism, God just kept showing me how precious each of us are to Him. He reminded me how He had rejoiced when I gave my heart to Him. And brought to mind all the things He did to bring Clara to this place at this time.
God put the idea of adoption on Harrison's heart in the fall of 2004. We said "yes" to adoption about the time Clara was conceived. And we prayed for her daily from that point on. One of our prayers was that she would come to know the Lord at an early age and serve Him all the days of her life. God knew that this little one would be our baby and He stirred our hearts even as she was being formed in her birth mommy's womb.
So, as I stood back by the baptistery and waited for Clara to be baptized, I was overwhelmed with how BIG our God is! And to make this evening even sweeter, Clara was baptized with one of her closest friends, Katie Mei. Katie is also from China and our families are very good friends. In fact, Katie's little sister Lauren is Clara's best friend. This time last year, Katie was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. She went through chemo last spring and is cancer free now.
So, I stood there with Katie's mama and soaked in the sweetest moment. Two friends, giggling, testing the water, joyfully waiting their big moment, confident in their faith. Two mamas smiling and savoring the peace that comes with knowing your child loves Jesus. Even as I write this, I am overwhelmed with all that God did for these two to know Him. We are so blessed!!! Thank you Lord for allowing us to parent these children you entrusted to us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






God is good;)
ReplyDeleteSO yeah. Weepy again. I love you Joy!
ReplyDelete