Wednesday, November 14, 2012

11-12-12 Great rejoicing!!!

Some days are just special!  They are etched in your memory forever.  You remember where you were, who you were with, the lighting, the smells, the weather.  November 12, 2012 is one of those days for our family.   It was 8:15 p.m.  Clara smelled all clean and fresh from her bath.   She was snuggled in with me in the big red chair, her daddy and brother were kneeling next to the chair and we prayed. And Clara asked Jesus into her heart.  Her sweet little voice repeating the prayer with her daddy, asking Jesus to live in her heart forever.  And then her big brother praying over her, praying that she would always have the passion for Jesus that she has right now. Be still my heart!

Clara has been asking questions intermittently over the last few months.  And on Sunday she and I talked about it, making sure she understood what it means to give your life to Jesus.  When I asked her if that was something she wanted to do, she said "yes, but not today.  Maybe tomorrow...or Tuesday.  Wait, Tuesday isn't good, I have dance."  Classic Clara!  So Monday night we were all in the living room.  Joe had just read a little devotional to us and I asked Clara if she remembered what we talked about Sunday.  Yes, she remembered.  So, I asked her if she was ready to pray and ask Jesus into her heart.  And she gleefully said yes.  I wish you could have seen the look on Harrison's face, it was priceless.  His eyes lit up, he had the biggest smile on his face, he was absolutely joyful.  I remember clearly the night Joe and I sat in Harrison's bed at our old house and prayed that prayer with him.  And I will never forget Harrison getting baptized...with his goggles on.  Hee! Hee!  I love these kids!  What a delight it is to be their mom!


1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the family...again...Clara! Isn't it wonderful to be born twice and adopted twice? So excited for what God has in store for you next.

    ReplyDelete