I have to admit, my daughter cracks me up!!! She is just naturally funny, both verbally and physically. The child enters the room like Kramer. And she makes the most hilarious faces ever! It's not unusual for her to attempt to sit on the chair and actually fall between the ottoman and the chair with her feet in the air and announce "I'm okay!" One day I heard her giggling and I couldn't find her...anywhere. I finally located her stuck between the wall and a little chest with her feet and her arms in the air...totally stuck...could not move at all. She was laughing hysterically at herself! Yesterday I told Joe that we should never have that Home Shopping Network (we don't have cable) because Clara believes all of those ads. She saw some commercial yesterday for little gadgets to hang pictures on the walls without using nails. And this was the following conversation:
C: "We should get those, then we won't have anymore 'damn holes' in the wall."
Me to Joe: "Huh? It kind of sounded like she said d-a-m-n holes??"
Joe: "I know, I thought that's what she said too. Surely not."
Me: "Clara...what did you say about the holes?"
C: "I said if we get that we won't have anymore 'damn holes' in the wall."
Me: "What kind of holes?"
C: "Damn holes?"
Me: "Where did you hear that?"
C: "On the tv commercial."
Me: "Well, I missed that on the commercial, but nice girls don't say 'damn'."
C: "Okay"
Later last night, Joe was tickling Clara and she asked him to stop. He didn't stop. So she told him "you are not being polite." The other day she came in and told me "Harrison went to Carter's without 'pernissions'." There just are words that she does not quite get right. Some need to be corrected, but others we just need to leave alone because they are too cute. (Needless to say, I do not share this blog with Clara's speech therapist.) Like for example....if we go to Chik Fila Clara likes to order "shicken numnuts". And the cute little red-headed boy in her pre-k class will forever be "Matato" not Matteo.
This is the same child who told my friend Christine (a couple of years ago) "when I was in China I was sad. Then my mommy came and we snuggled and I was happy." So I was repeating this story to another friend and I asked Clara "why were you sad in China?" And she said "cuz they all 'China talk' there!" Really...she cracks me up!!!
oh how I love that girl!!!!
ReplyDeleteI will never order at Chick-fil-a the same again :)
ReplyDelete